Blog For Mental Health 2013
I pledge my commitment to the Blog For Mental Health 2013 Project. I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others. By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health. I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.
I suffered from severe depression as a child and teen, all the while loving the highs of hypomania, so for a long time I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Nearing my late 20’s the hypomania became too much and my moods began to cycle too much and too wildly I was diagnosed with Bipolar Type II. It took me a while to accept this diagnosis, but as time went on it all began to make sense. I am bipolar – this acceptance has made a huge difference in my life and I hope to help others through their journeys.
I was pledged by a brilliant blogger, Ruby, at http://mywonderfulabnormalmind.wordpress.com/ Please seek out her writing, it is very, very good.
I’d like to pledge five other bloggers:
1) She is so candid and clever! http://bipolarwitch.wordpress.com
2) Another man fighting the good fight: http://fishrobber.wordpress.com
3) An amazing and talented writer: http://onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com
4) Great creativity and visual presentations: http://redmermaid.wordpress.com
5) Another explorer in the process: http://siegeofthespirit.com
I love the whole community of bloggers that are an enormous inspiration to me. I’ve received some of the kindest words I’ve heard via this blog. I know this is a place for healing. I too am a voice for positivity and I hope to share this with you 🙂
Filed under: Uncategorized | 13 Comments
Tags: Blog, mental-health